Remote delivery of this CITB course is now possible under CITB’s “Appendix Q – Emergency Training Provision Scheme Rules”, which have been raised in response to the current Coronavirus Pandemic, allowing you to get your SSSTS qualification by doing an online course.
Our SSSTS online courses are now rolled out using Zoom or similar software options to achieve virtual classroom environments.
This SSSTS (Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme) Course is ideal for first time site supervisor training.
The SSSTS qualification will give site supervisors a level of understanding of certain issues such as their legal health and safety responsibilities.
SSSTS Course Details
Firstly, the course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties.
- Also what is expected of them to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
Consequently, at the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry.
- Understand how health and safety law is structured as well as how it applies to supervisors.
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely.
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements.
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively.
- Also when bad practice is identified to understand the importance of quick intervention.
- This course is accredited by the CITB.
SSSTS Refresher – Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme
This SSSTS Refresher (Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme) course is aimed at delegates who have previously passed the 2-day SSSTS course (Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme) who want to remain certified.
SSSTS Refresher Course Details
This refresher course brings your health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving you a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. It builds on the material in the original course.
A good level of written and spoken English is required to successfully complete this course. If you have any concerns regarding this please contact our office and we discuss available options (e.g. hiring a translator at an additional cost).
How is the course delivered and assessed?:
The information on this course is delivered through a series of cases studies, group discussions and individual presentations. At the end of the one day (refresher) or two days candidates will be required to pass a multiple choice test.
What is awarded after completion of the course?:
Once the course has been completed candidates will receive a CITB recognised Site Safety Plus certificate.
When does the qualification expire? :
The certificate lasts for 5 years. Please be aware there is no longer a grace period for this course.
How to renew the qualification?:
In order for candidates to renew their qualification they must attend the 1 day refresher course. If candidates do not attend this and their qualification expires the full 2 day SSSTS course will have to be taken again.
On all the CPCS and CITB courses that we offer, you can claim money back if you are a ‘CITB Levy Payer‘. If you have any questions please contact us for more information.