CISTC COVID-19 Update
With the recent news of a second lockdown, we want to reassure our customers that CISTC and our training centre here in Farnham are open for business as usual.
The CITB and all our accrediting bodies have been consulted and in line with Government Guidelines, Educational Training Centres are to stay open to support businesses during the lockdown.
Training whilst on Furlough
Did you know that if you or your employees are on furlough you are still allowed to undertake training?
“Furloughed employees are able to engage in training, as long as doing so does not provide services to, or generate revenue for, or on behalf of their company or a linked or associated company.” – Build UK
With the new measures that we have put in place, we now also offer online training courses via Zoom or MS Teams. See our upcoming courses for more details. We have run over 50 online (remote) courses successfully since March this year.
How is CISTC keeping you safe in our Training Centre?
We also want to take this opportunity to remind you of what we are doing to keep you safe when attending our training centre during this time.
The welfare of our candidates is our top priority. At the beginning of the pandemic, we undertook a thorough risk assessment and adopted the following procedures to keep all our candidates and staff safe. These procedures are continually monitored and adapted as required:
- Social Distancing – Social Distancing Signage has been distributed throughout the centre. Use of social distancing floor tape to measure out 2m rule and exclusion zones. People are not allowed to pass each other on stairways.
- Hygiene – Hand Sterilising Stations are located outside the entrance to the training centre, training field and classrooms rooms. Hand wash and hot air hand dryers and touchless taps are in all of the toilets.
- Machine Hygiene – Rubber gloves must be worn before entering the cab or touching controls/steering wheels. Machine controls will be wiped down each time before use.
- PPE – Face masks have to be worn inside the training centre whilst not seated in the canteen or at a designated seat in one of the training rooms. Candidates will be requested to bring face masks and rubber gloves for machine use.
- Reduced Class Numbers with mapped out seating – each training room has a maximum capacity of 6 candidates. Candidates once seated will stay in their designated seat and are allowed to remove their mask if wish.
- Candidate Covid-19 Induction – All Candidates will undertake a Covid-19 Induction and sign a form.
- Signage throughout the centre – we have appropriate signage in the centre including: Hand wash Signs, NHS Coronavirus Poster, Keep your distance, No Passing on Stairs, Designated Toilet Signs.
- Canteen – The canteen will be used by candidates at staggered times, vending machine service is available (contactless – no cash) and candidates must sit one per table. Masks must be worn when a candidate is not seated. We have a cleaning rota for tables and chairs.
- Welfare Facilities – we have segregated our toilet facilities for both our staff and candidates.
We look forward to continuing to deliver a high level of service during this challenging time and look forward to continuing to help you achieve your training goals.
Should you have any questions about training during COVID-19 do not hesitate to get in touch. Call us on 01252 855433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn to Succeed with us today! Stay well – stay safe.