This SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) course is designed for project and site managers, supervisors. It is also beneficial for SME owners.
Possession of this qualification demonstrates a standard of competence as a site manager. It covers all relevant legislation and aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries.
SMSTS Course Details
SMSTS Course Details
- Effectively manage health and safety on site. To do this in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role.
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare. Also it teaches them to recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work.
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice.
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
The SMSTS course, in the first instance, aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
At the end of the period of training, as a result, delegates will be aware of, and able to:
This course is accredited by the CITB.
A good level of written and spoken English is required to successfully complete this course.
How is the course delivered / assessed:
The information on this course is delivered through a series of cases studies, group discussions and individual presentations. At the end of the two days candidates will be required to pass a multiple choice test.
What is awarded after completion of the course?:
Once the course has been completed candidates will receive a CITB recognised Site Safety Plus certificate.
When does the qualification expire?:
The certificate lasts for 5 years. Please be aware there is no longer a grace period for this course.
How to renew the qualification?:
In order for candidates to renew their qualification they must attend the 2 day refresher course. If candidates do not attend this and their qualification expires the full 5 day SMSTS course will have to be taken again.