CISTC are pleased to announce a new upcoming course. March will see the launch of our new Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course. Initially, it will run on the 6th and 7th of March and cost £300 +VAT per person.
The course is a full 2 days and will gain a qualification as a Mental Health First Aider. Aimed at those who would like to recognise the signs and symptoms of common workplace mental health issues, and designed to guide someone towards the support that they may need. It will also, provide the candidate with all the necessary skills to start a non-judgemental conversation.
The course will cover the following:
• An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
• Enhanced emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS or a mix.
The MHFA course will feature a combination of learning strategies. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. The course will also examine depression, anxiety, mental health stigma, suicide and prevention, self-care techniques, CBT, different types of psychosis, action planning for MHFA, treatment, and resources.
This course is limited to 16 people per course, so the instructor can keep everyone safe and supported whilst learning.
The Natta Group are a supporting member of Mates in Mind. A charity which provides support to employers on mental health, mental illness and wellbeing. Their main aim is to tackle the stigma of poor mental health by promoting a culture of positive wellbeing in the construction industry. According to the Mental Health Foundation, “Two-thirds of us experience a mental health problem in our lifetimes.”
CISTC can offer something different for everyone and currently hold a 92% pass rate. In total, CISTC can now provide 37 training courses!
If you are interested in finding out about any of our other courses running in 2019 then visit our upcoming courses page. Or if you need any other assistance please contact our team on email@example.com or call us on 01252 855433.